Thursday, July 13, 2006

"Pray for me!"

I have been trying to deal with the heat in San Antonio, with my only recourse being to stay in the house most of the day with the a/c set on "Antartica". However, my strategy was foiled when my husband's first semi-pro football game was held over this past weekend. Since this was his first game of the season, I definitely wanted to be there to watch him play and support his efforts. The big problem was that he needed to be at the field at 4:00pm. That's right in the middle of the day when the sun is beaming and you can actually see mirages in the distance. I could not believe it when he told me what time he had to be there. I thought that the games might be held once the sun goes down in cities that have triple digit temperatures. Don't the coaches realize that the players and the fans could melt out there in heat like that? All I could do was pop-up the umbrella and try to move around a bit, in order to prevent myself from sticking to the bench. Furthermore, this is still July and my husband will be playing at least every other weekend until September. All I can say is "pray for me!" cause I'm going to need it.

No comments: