Friday, July 07, 2006

Rainy Days

It's been raining here in San Antonio for the past week off and on. That's great, considering the fact that the weather has been in the mid 90's and sometimes reaches the 100's since I arrived here in February of 2006. When it rains, it rains warm water, which is pretty funny. The kids and I were heading to the book store when it started raining yesterday. My daughter started splashing water all over my son and I, we were all wet but warm. I couldn't help but to laugh about the water being warm, I guess I was tickled because it was my first "warm water rain experience". The other funny thing about the rainy days here is the fact that it only rains for really short periods of time. In Michigan when it rains, IT RAINS! Here it generally rains for about 10 to 15 minutes then it stops. Sometimes it will rain again later in the day for the same length of time. I like to watch it rain in San Antonio, it makes you want to grab a cool drink, get cozy on a window seat, and enjoy the show!

No comments: